Monday, March 27, 2006

2 Corinthians 12:9

Okay, take two.

I say that, because I have just come through and deleted everything I had input. I am now starting with a clean slate, so to speak. And I want to ask you something-Have you ever missed the forest for all the trees in the way?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I’m panicking. I’m terrified. I don’t have a wonderful awe-inspiring thought for you guys and gals for the week. I don’t have anything magnificently spiritual to tell you.

I had some stuff written, but it wasn’t jelling. It didn’t FEEL right. So, it’s coming down to the wire. My deadline is approaching. I know that if I don’t get this out on Monday, it’ll be REALLY hard for the rest of the week to try and do it.

“Uh, Bo?”

Hold on God, I can’t think. I’m trying to think of a great devotional to send out this week with the Bible verse, to point everyone to You.

“I understand that. Look, about that...”

God, could you please just hold on? I’m really in a panic here, because the original thing I had written just didn’t seem right….

“I know. I brought that feeling out in you. It’s not what I wanted you to say.”

Well, duh! I know that much, God. I’m just trying to find that proper spot and see if I can pull one out…

“Uh, Bo? Do you remember what the verse is?”

Sure I do, God. You gave it to me. And then all this stuff happened this week, and I didn’t really like the thought I had wrapped the verse in and, well, You’re God, You know all that!

“Yes, that’s what I’m trying to tell you. It goes along with this week’s verse.”

God, obviously You don’t see what these people are expecting from me week in and week out. I don’t have time for this.

“Hey Bo?”

(Sighs) Yes God?

“What’s the verse for this week that I gave you again?”

Well God, it’s 2 Corinthians 12:9- “And He said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.”

“Okay?”

Okay what, God? I need something to tell everyone about You in this verse. About how when we give something up and do it for You, it’s not always about being on top. Sometimes, we just have to allow You to use us and not get in the way.

Sometimes, You use obvious incidents and things in our lives to help others and give them hope. And sometimes, the things that just happen are better teaching tools than anything else………….

Aw, man.

“What, Bo?”

You mean You orchestrated all this week in me, just so I could have this to say to everyone? This is what you wanted to tell them?

“Hey, Bo?”

Yes God?

“I love you.”

I know You do, God. Thanks for being there for me in the big things and the small things as well.

“You’re welcome. Thanks for letting me use you to touch someone else.”

You’re welcome.




Be blessed in the Lord,

Bo J.

No comments: