Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Jeremiah 1:5

Good morning! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday; I know I did. My birthday was on Monday. Yeah!

I turned 40.

Oh, I can see some of you right now, you did the grimace; the pity face.

40. The black birthday. The one where everything starts to go down hill and nothing works the same.

You know what? I don’t care. I really don’t. You want to know why? I read my Bible. And I see what God has done.

Sure, there are examples of God using youngsters to do His work. Including Joshua, David, etc. How about the other examples? God used many men older than I am now to do His work.

Elisha, Elijah, Caleb (he was 85 when he conquered Hebron!), and many more. They were stalwart men of faith and experience.

Why do we do this to ourselves? Why do we take what God has created as wonderful and make it terrible? 40 is a wonderful number; look at how many times and how many ways God used it in His word.

Now I know some people may read this and say, “He’s just grasping at straws; trying to make it seem better than it is.”

Isn’t that better than the alternative, to sink deeper into the muck and mire of this life and see no hope?

Jeremiah 1:5- “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.”

God knew me before I was born. He already had a plan for my life BEFORE the world even laid eyes on me. He had already decided to pay the price for my sins on the cross, before I was even born. Isn’t that wonderful enough to celebrate EVERY moment that we are alive?

I was down a little yesterday, and my wife came in and talked with me. She told me that “depression doesn’t become you.” That’s the kind of thing that I want people to say about me, but I didn’t know it until she verbalized it. She made me start speaking out everything I was thankful for in my life. And it worked.

Get up. Get going. Don’t just lie there and let life overtake you. Grab on and ride, no matter how old (or young) you are today. God has a plan and a job for you. You may not like where you are now, but God can change that in a heartbeat.

Trust in Him that He will. It’s His plan, and, as someone said in our Bible study group last night, God doesn’t have a plan B. All His plans work.

Be blessed in the Lord,
Bo J.

No comments: