Monday, May 15, 2006

Psalm 37:3-4

Do you ever just wonder sometimes, “When will it end? When will the pain and turmoil stop?” Do you ever sometimes look at your life and dread good times, because you just KNOW that it means something terrible is coming around the corner? Have you ever just been tired of being gut punched and just wanted to lie down and give it all up.

Sure you have, we all have.

I’m not saying that we should give up, not at all. I’m simply stating a fact that sometimes you WANT to give up. Sometimes you just WANT to throw your hands up in the air, give up on this whole Christianity thing, and go back to doing things your own way. In your mind, doing it your own way didn’t seem to be half-bad. You seemed to get a lot more accomplished that way….

NOT!

It’s a lie of the enemy and your mind! How do I know? Because I have lived, and am living the gut punch a minute life right now. We all are to some degree, aren’t we? The Word says that in the end times, basically, things are going to go South real quick and get downright…..poopy. (Yes, that is the Bible according to Bo translation.)

So how do we fight it? What happens when everything seems like it’s going downhill fast and you can’t hold on? What do you do when your life is out of control?

Surrender.

Ah, you knew that was coming, didn’t you? An awe-inspiring and great thought for the week. Heehee! Don’t think I don’t know what you’re doing right now? You’re looking at this going “Where’s the beef?”

But we all know, that’s it, don’t we? We have to just give up our rights, our abilities, our knowledge, our power, and surrender. We have to decide once and for all Who we follow, and Who owns us.

My wife will tell you I love knowledge. I love finding things out. But knowledge alone doesn’t do you a hill of beans if you don’t apply it. That’s where wisdom comes into the equation.

Knowledge + application = WISDOM

So how does this all apply? Well, back to my original thoughts from earlier, during our pity party that we all seem to have in our lives at one point or another. God has never abandoned us. He has not left you high and dry and said, “Okay, I’ve taught you all I know. Go forth and make Me proud.”

Just because you FEEL like God has left you at the mercy of the elements, doesn’t mean that He has. It’s just that, a FEELING. A feeling is an emotion, it comes and goes. God is our standard, He is our rock.

I have a pamphlet with some of the names of God in it. There are plenty of names of how the Israelites referred to various attributes of our God. My favorite would have to be Jehovah-Tsidkenu, “The LORD our Righteousness.”

I can’t and didn’t get placed into the Book of Life on my own. My space was bought and paid for by Jesus on the cross. My righteousness is not my own, it’s God who has imparted His righteousness to me through Jesus.

I had one verse in mind for this, but another seems to be more apt for the way this is going. I hope it helps you. Remember, we stand where we are because of He who dwells in us, and redeemed us with a price.

Psalm 37:3-4- “Commit your way to the LORD, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass. He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light, and your justice as the noonday.”

Surrender.

You have the knowledge; now apply it to your life.

Be blessed in the Lord,

Bo J.

No comments: