Monday, June 26, 2006

Deuteronomy 28:8

Did you ever do something stupid? I don’t mean something that could be considered a “bad choice” or a “lack of foresight” or even a “mistake in judgment”. I mean an out and out, bone-headed, absolutely ignorant choice! I mean something that if you were to read about in the newspaper you would say something like, “My goodness! How could that person have been so clueless?”

Sure you have. And I have as well. We ALL have, at one time or another done something that serves as warning in life for others. What happened during that time? How did you handle your mistake? Better yet, how did God handle your mistake?

You can look through the Word of God, and you can find ALL kinds of examples of people who make BAD choices and then go on and do great things for God anyway. You are reading them and wondering how these people could do this knowing God was right there with them, while your choices are leading you down the same path.

Sometimes we do things and make mistakes. But our God is faithful. How do I know? Because I have done some boneheaded things in my life, things that I look back on and slap my palm to my forehead wondering how I could be that naïve. And that was just 3 days ago!

The point of all this is that God has not left you. He didn’t look down from His heavenly throne and go, “Great googly-moogly! I am so tired of them doing that and then wanting Me to rescue them! I give up! Gabe, strike them out of the Book of Life! We don’t want that kind of idiot up here!”

No, God cares for you. He reaches down with love and tender grace. He picks you up, dusts you off and sets you on your feet. Then He reminds you that there is a law of sowing and reaping, but He will NOT abandon you just because you planted crabgrass.

Why? Why does a holy, righteous God take such interest in our lives and making us into a person we can’t be on our own? Because He loves us no matter what we do. Even if we turn our back on Him, He loves us. And He will bless us, if we give Him the opportunity.

Deuteronomy 28:8- “The LORD will command the blessing on you in your storehouses and in all to which you set your hand, and He will bless you in the land which the LORD your God is giving you.”

Notice that? There is a wonderful promise wrapped up in there. He WILL bless you and all that you set your hand. However, just like others in the Bible, we see the promise without obeying the conditions. He will bless me in the land which HE gives me. Not the land that I go out and try and conquer on my own. He tells me where to go, and I go and conquer it in His name.

So be patient, and wait on God. Pray for His will and His way, and He will make it known. And when He does, He will bless it and you, and anything you lay your hands on, as well.

Be blessed in the Lord.

Bo J.

No comments: