Monday, June 19, 2006

Jeremiah 29:11

Good morning, God.

It’s me, Bo. I wanted to write you a letter this morning, to talk to You. Sometimes it’s good to just get things out in the open. I have been reading about Your dealings with the religious people of Your day, and You told it like it was-You didn’t hold back.

You know God, sometimes, being here in the world just bites. I know you left us here to be examples of the Light and to dispel the darkness. Sometimes, however, you just get tired of always trying to do the right thing and seeing other get by with not.

I know I’m not supposed to compare myself with them, but I admit it is hard. It’s hard to continue in Your Word when I see those who just take the attitudes and convictions of the world and ascribe them to You.

You know what I mean, don’t you? They say that the Word of God is just a guideline. They say that as long as I am basically a good person, and do mostly right by others, I’ll make it to Heaven. They think the only people who go to Hell are people who don’t fit their definition of good, which is pretty much, anyone who does them wrong. The Bible tells us to rejoice because our names are written in the Book of Life. We are to be encouraged because we know You and Your salvation.

But I have a hard time with this, on occasion. I have a hard time making 2+2=4 in the world. You see, I live here, day in and day out. I am surrounded and inundated by the world. I get saturated in the worldly ways and deeds around me.

Don’t get me wrong, God. I love You. I mean, You have given me so much that I can’t describe. So why do I look around and feel that I deserve more? What is it that I feel I am being cheated out of because I have chosen to follow You? Why can’t I just be the person You have created me to be?

What is it that I am missing in my life? Absolutely nothing that matters that much. I have everything that I need, and more than I could want. I am blessed beyond anything I had ever hoped or dreamed of in my life.

So what am I looking for? I just want to know that it’s okay. Sometimes, I just want to know that I haven’t fallen through the cracks of life, and You haven’t forgotten about me and my stuff.

Jeremiah 29:11- “’For I know the thoughts that I think toward you,’ says the LORD, ‘thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.’”

Thanks, Lord. It means a lot to me when You speak something personal into my life. It makes it a lot easier to see the light around me. I know this is just me, Lord. I don’t expect anyone else to understand or feel like this. Everyone else seems to have their act together.

They must understand a lot better than I do. Help them to be patient with those of us who are still learning and grasping at the depth of Your love for us. Thanks for giving me hope.


Be blessed in the Lord,

Bo J.

No comments: