Monday, July 03, 2006

Hebrews 10:23

I don’t know what to tell you.
I have no idea what to say to you today.
I know that there is a lot going on in your life right now. I know you have absolutely no idea how you are going to make it until tomorrow.

I know that.

I know that life seems like a dream, and you are begging, crying, screaming, and pleading to wake up. You just want it to be over; you just want the pain to go away.

I look in your eyes, and I can see it. You have no idea where the winds of life are taking you. You have no idea why you are directionless. You have no idea why you can’t get focused and it scares you.

It scares me, too. It scares all of us at one time or another. But you’re not alone. No matter what the voices or your circumstances tell you, you’re not alone.

But I can’t make you believe. I can’t make you pick up your Bible or drop down on your knees and pray. I can’t even make myself. But I can tell you one thing. God does love you.

He loves us all.

But, as I said before, I can’t make you believe it.

This is not for everyone today. I know that. I know there are some who are on top of the world today, and they know and believe in their Savior and are sure of their foundation.

This is not for you.

This is for the one who is not sure today, because they are still catching their breath from yesterday…from this morning….from two minutes ago.

God gave you a promise when you reached out to Him for salvation. He promised that you would be one of His children forever. He promised that one day you would be with Him in heaven and live with Him forever.

Has anything changed? Nope. Not one of iota of God’s Word has changed. But I can’t make you believe that; you have to come to that on your own.

Hebrews 10:23- “Let us hold fast to the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised us is faithful.”

You knew that, though, didn’t you? You know it to the marrow of your bones. Being here on this ball of dirt is not just about learning Who God is, or what He has done for you.

Sometimes it’s just about holding fast. Sometimes it’s just about holding on when you can’t any longer.

Sometimes you’re going to be holding on all by yourself. It’s just going to be you and God. No one around, no one to save you, no one to give you pretty passages of Scripture, or quote you words of wisdom.

Sometimes, it’s just going to be you and the darkness. And your candle is going to seem so insignificant against the blackness that surrounds you. And you are going to feel so alone.

It’s then, in that moment, that you will realize that your candle is not alone anymore. There is another candle present, that will stand with yours and shine into the darkness. It may not shine any brighter than yours, and that’s okay.

It’s just there to let you know that your candle is not standing alone.

And He will grab your hand in the darkness, and lead you in a direction you don’t know. And He will hold you close to Him, and say, “It’s okay. I know exactly where I’m going. You’ve got some friends at the other end.”

It’s okay. We’ll wait for you.

Be blessed in the Lord,

Bo J.

No comments: