Monday, July 17, 2006

Isaiah 65:24

So, it’s like this today with the memory verse. I know you people are tired of hearing me voice how God is moving in this. I know you are tired of the constant, “I had this in mind, but God had this other plan, and it is so cool! He went completely another way….”

You know what? I don’t care how tired you are of hearing it. I love it when God takes something I do, and uses it in a way that I think is just neat.
As I was describing earlier, I had another Bible verse in mind. But, horror of horrors, I had already done that verse. I mean, I had the whole thing written out in my mind. I had the epic start, the build-up to the verse, and then the colossal finish.

Great, just great; now what do I do?

As some of you may know, I have verses written out on index cards in preparation for memorizing them by repetition. I had the card for the verse I was going to use today, and another verse that I just heard the word, “Wait.”

The first one was the verse I was already planning on using. (I'm NOT going to tell you the verse.) I then read the second card and it made me laugh.

Isaiah 65:24-“It shall come to pass that before they call, I will answer; and while they are still speaking, I will hear.”

I don’t get it, Bo? What’s so neat about that?

Before I had realized that I had already used that verse, God had given me another. And He had a plan about how to use it.

How are your plans progressing? How are you faring in this thing called life? Do you know that God already has an answer, even before you speak the problem?

You’ll notice that in the verse, God says, “…before they call...” and “…while they are still speaking…” That doesn’t mean God knows what we need before we need it (which He does) and He will just give it to us. It means that God still wants us to verbalize (prayer) and glorify (speak), even when we don’t think it will work.

It means to be patient and devoted in prayer, knowing that God will answer it because of Who He is, and how He feels about us.

Trust in Him to do the right thing, at the right time.

Be blessed in the Lord,

Bo J.

No comments: