Monday, August 14, 2006

Galatians 6:9

6 months.

One half of a calendar year.

That’s how long you have supported me.

That’s how long we’ve been together.

I didn’t think I’d make it this far, honestly. I truthfully figured that I would have put my foot in my mouth and made a bunch of enemies long before this point happened.

I know someone is going, “So what, six months. What’s the big deal?” The deal is that I am still putting “pen to paper” so to speak. I am still putting my thoughts and ideas out there for everyone else to criticize or relate to or just ponder.

I’m still here. And I’ll admit, after the year I have had so far, I’m a little tired. It’s not a physical tiredness (mostly). It’s just an emotional tiredness.

I told you early on about my friend, Dan. He had a vision one time of being on a cork with a cross stuck in the middle of it. He was in the middle of a storm ravaged sea; the waves and the intensity were astounding. But the cork never went under. Oh, it tips from side to side, but it never goes under.

Sometimes, God quiets the storm. Sometimes, God sits out the storm huddled on the cork with you.

Galatians 6:9- “And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.”

6 months.

Thanks for sticking in here with me through all the twists and turns our lives have taken. Thanks for the encouragement you have given me to keep at this, because you need it. You need someone to be real in your life, to be in the trenches with you. Thanks for letting me remind you that you are not alone in this thing called life.

Thanks for not letting me give up, or give in. Sometimes, it hurts. Sometimes you say things to me, making me wonder why I’m worried about the little things in my life, compared to the mountains some of you are facing.

Thanks for sticking in this with me. Thanks for bringing your friends, your co-workers, your families along for the ride. Thanks for being there with me, walking along the road that God is constructing for us. (That’s for you, Jim!)

Let’s continue to go this walk, together. And let’s bring as many people along for the ride as we can. Remember, it’s not just about us anymore. If I can help you walk, or be an encouragement, let me know. Or, if you just want a shoulder to lean on; someone to cry with, or just someone to hang with you through a rough patch, let me know that as well.

You deserve it; you stuck with me. Let’s finish the race.

Be blessed in the Lord,

Bo J.

No comments: