Monday, August 07, 2006

Psalm 86:6-7

Lord, thank You.

Psalm 86:6-7- “Give ear, O LORD, to my prayer; and attend to the voice of my supplications. In the day of my trouble I will call upon You, for You will answer me.”

You are faithful. Why? Why do you continue to hold me and pick me up? I don’t understand.

You tell me that when I get in trouble, to call on You and You WILL answer. Why? I’ll tell you Lord, most of the trouble I get into is on my own. It’s because of my pride, or my mouth or my arrogance in thinking I can do it on my own.

You are pure, clean, and holy. Sometimes, I’m like a pig rooting in its own slop.

It makes me crazy trying to understand. I need Your help to learn, and grow. But most of all, I need You to help me to stop, stop, STOP questioning.

Why do You love me? Because You do.

Why did You save me? Because You love me.

Why do You protect me? To save me from myself.

Thank you, Lord. It’s been a long time since You and I have REALLY talked. I have left my schedule, and dropped You down on my list of priorities. I have allowed an invader to siphon my time and energy from You, for the sake of ______________.

I can’t change on my own. You did it for me before, and You will do it again-I know. You promised that if I called on You, You would answer.

Hey Lord, could You get that? It’s Your phone….it’s me.

Be blessed in the Lord,



Bo J.

No comments: