Monday, September 04, 2006

Isaiah 55:11

I promise.

Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Moses, David…..I promise.

Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Peter, Paul, Andrew, Thomas….I promise.

Pain, suffering, persecutions, death….I promise.

What have you been promised? What did God say to you when you accepted His offer of salvation?

Better yet, HAVE you accepted His offer? Or are you still looking around to see if there is something better?

All those people listed above received a promise of something better when they gave their life over to God. Some of them didn’t see the promise in their lifetime, but it didn’t mean that He who promised wasn’t faithful.

God said He would do it, and they believed. That was the end of the story for them; period. They had a promise from the Almighty; the Creator of the universe.

He had entered into a bargain of sorts with people whom He didn’t owe ANYTHING. He told them that if they gave their lives over to Him, to use, that He would bless them mightily. And they did it gladly.

Me, I get mad when I get my paycheck and it’s gone before I even know how much has been deposited. I get upset when things don’t go my way and fit into the perfect, logical box I have created for my life. Each piece should fit just so, and make a wonderful picture.

Isaiah 55:11-“So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; it shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.”

Did you get that? His Word shall accomplish what He pleases, not what I want. My desires may coincide with His, but not always. At that point, the Word is accomplishing His Will, not my own.

When I got saved, I met God right at my dinner table. It was a night in January, 1997. He appeared to me, in the midst of turmoil, pain and heartache in my family. I was at a turning point of my life that night. I truly believe that I would not have lived much longer had He not visited me that evening.

Of all the things He said to me that night, one has always stuck with me. Jesus looked at me and said, “You have done it your way for so long, and it hasn’t worked. Do you want to try My way now? I promise it won’t always be easy, but it will be worth it.”

Sometimes, I forget that small part of the conversation. But it comes back, and reminds me that He promised it would be worth it. God promised that it would be worth it.

God promised.

So, I may not see it in my lifetime. My wife may not see it in her lifetime. My kids may not see it in their lifetime. But that doesn’t mean that God has welched on His promise. It means that God is God, and the life I live is used to accomplish His will, not my own.

Today, I have been reminded of that fact.

And now, so have you.

Be blessed in the Lord,


Bo J.

1 comment:

bailey mallory said...

hi there i thought that was a great blogg and all.i have one,too mine is difrent though but yours is better than mine is.so well,gotta run tootles.