Monday, October 16, 2006

Psalm 86:15

Good morning. I thought I’d let you grab a cup of coffee or milk or something and give you a chance to wake up. You were so beautiful while you were sleeping; I didn’t want to wake you.
Oh, it’s okay! Don’t panic. I watch over you every night when you sleep. You know what else? I watch over you when you toss and turn, as well. And when you think that you are all alone, and trying your best not to think about all the things going on in the world around you; I’m there, too.
I wait on you to call on Me. I get up and rush to your side, knowing in My heart that THIS is the day you are going to call on Me. But I also know you well enough to know that you may not quite be there, yet. So, I wait.
It’s not that I am trying to bother you; I just want what’s best for you. I would NEVER want you to think that I am just badgering you or trying to be an annoyance. I want you to come to Me on your own; not because of something I did.
Oh, that brings me to something else. It’s about that feeling you may have right now. That’s NOT My fault. It is the part of Me that has lived in you every day since you asked Me into your life. It’s the Holy Spirit. You can call Him what you like…Holy Spirit, Holy Ghost, whatever. Just know that He lives in you now.
He sees what you do in secret, and He tells Me. He is the One who is kind of prodding you. He is just there to remind you that We want to be your all in all. We want to be the Ones you look to in times of trouble.
Oh, He’s not going to just take over your body and MAKE you do anything; He’s going to remind you of the relationship we used to have. He’s there to remind you that you really can’t do this on your own, but We will help you and live in you, enabling you to do anything We need you to accomplish.
The people around you will tell you that I’m not looking out for you. They’ll tell you that they have all the answers and that you don’t need to look any further than your own selfish desires. Can I just be honest with you and tell you that is baloney? It’s not just baloney; it’s the whole sandwich on a platter. It’s served up to you looking all fresh and fancy, but it’s still only a baloney sandwich.
And then, I put people in your path. I give you friends and others who speak what I put into them, to give you a word of encouragement. I try and let you know that I am still talking to you. Sometimes, you listen to Me. But most of the time, you just ignore Me.
Let Me tell you something about Myself. It’s found in My love letter that I wrote just for you. I want you to think about it today.

Psalm 86:15-“But You, O LORD, are a God full of compassion, and gracious, longsuffering and abundant in mercy and truth.”

Do you see that? I am full of compassion. I am not the God of fear and loathing, as I am sometimes portrayed. I love you, no matter what the world tells you about Me.
Oh, and one more thing I’d like to get off My chest. It’s about when I ask you to do something for Me. When I do, and it seems like it implodes; that’s not My doing. There could be one of two things at work in that particular situation.


(1) You didn’t do what I asked you. Or more importantly, you are doing it, but you didn’t do it THE WAY I asked. Mostly when this happens, it’s because when you see My plan, you think it takes WAY too long. So, you think you can HELP Me out. I have an idea-don’t do it. When I give you something, and a plan to do it, trust in Me. Stick with My way, even if it seems like there is a better way to do it. Remember that whole omniscience thing? I own the rights to that.
(2) You have someone who really, REALLY hates the relationship you and I have together. If he sees that you are really trying to do something that I have asked of you, and you are doing it the way I asked of you, he gets scared. He knows that it won’t fail. So, he expends a LOT of energy trying to make it seem like you are failing. So, if that happens, here is what you do-talk to Me. If it’s WHAT I want you to do, and HOW I want you to do it, I’ll tell you. I’ll make sure you know you are on the right path.

Well, that’s about it for now. Just remember that I love you very much. I would never do anything to hurt you. And I don’t make you jump through hoops just to prove you love me, either.
You and I are cool. I just wanted you to know that today. I love you very much. Thanks.

God

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Be blessed in the Lord today and always,

Bo J.

No comments: