Monday, October 02, 2006

Revelation 3:20

Good morning!

Hey, good morning to You! How are You doing?

I’m good. I was just kind of wondering about you. We haven’t talked in a while. I wanted to see how you were doing.

Well, I’m okay. You know it’s just been really busy around here.

Well, yeah, I know you think so. That’s kind of what I wanted to talk to you about.

Well, You know how it is…remember about John’s dad?

Yeah, and I really appreciate you being there for him and all, but, about us…

Yeah, that was kind of tough, but I made it. And I did see You that day; I even talked about it.

That’s true, but you know, I like it better when we talk…

And remember, right after that, Becky had that flare-up. She had to go on the steroid treatment again. You KNOW how that is!

Well, yes, I do. But don’t you think that if we could maybe talk more….

And then, I’ve got all this stuff people want me to do at church, and the small group, I haven’t been there in a while, and everyone is so busy. It’s hard to schedule that without keeping Kaitlyn and Sammy up late. And You know how that is, don’t You?

But see, that’s what I’m trying to talk to you about. You used to get up early and talk to me, before your day started.

I know, I know. But it’s just that it’s so EARLY. I am so busy that I just don’t know; I don’t know that I can fit that in to my schedule any more.

Really?

Yeah, You know how it is? I’ve got this responsibility at work, and I am working 10 hour days. By the time I get there it turns out to be more like an 11 or 12 hour one. I need that extra few minutes of sleep.

But don’t you remember when you used to give Me that time?

Well, I know; but I’m getting by right now. It’s okay.

It’s okay?

Yeah, it’s okay. I’m okay. I’m keeping it between the lines.

Well, I miss talking to you. I just wanted….

Well, hey! I miss talking to You as well. It’s okay. We’ll get together and have some quality time when I can, okay?

But…

Look, I really have to go now. But it’s been really good talking to You. (click).

I just wanted to tell you something. But I guess it can wait until you are ready to hear it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Is this how your quiet time with God has been lately? Be honest. Sometimes we think we can just glide along on our own, using God as a spiritual band-aid. We keep Him locked down, until something breaks loose in our life. Then, we are ALL over Him; wondering where He’s been.

Sometimes, it’s not about Him, it’s about me.


Revelation 3:20- “Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.”

God has been talking to me for a while now; I’ve just been too busy to listen. And I can’t turn on a dime and immediately do better; but I can start today fresh and new. And with His help...I can do anything. And so can you, but you have to make a fresh start.

You know, the thing about a band-aid is that it just covers up a wound. It doesn’t actually heal it.

Stop settling for a covering, and let the Healer do His work. He’s waiting.

Be blessed in the Lord today.

Bo J.

No comments: