Monday, October 09, 2006

Romans 8:1

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!

School’s in session. Let’s have a lesson, shall we?

Omniscient- Having complete or unlimited knowledge, awareness, or understanding; perceiving all things.

Omnipresent- Being present everywhere at the same time.

Omnipotent- Having unlimited, universal, infinite power, authority, or force; all-powerful.

These are the attributes of our God. This is Who He is. So, with that being said, I have a question for you. It’s a very simple one.

Why do you think that ANYTHING you do catches our God off balance?

Come on; let’s get this out in the open. We all think it at one time or another. We do something and we think, “Okay, God is really going to be mad at me this time! He’s never going to listen to me again!”

Wrong! Wrong, wrong, wrong!!!

God is God. He cannot change with the weather; or with the breezes, or because He just feels like changing. He is an unchanging rock; the source of our salvation.

Stop elevating yourself to some super sinner status. You know exactly what I mean. The “I am just a dirty old sinner, and I have done so much wrong in my life, there is no WAY God could forgive me for this one.”

God WANTS to bless you. God WANTS to love on you. God WANTS to be there with you throughout your trials and tribulations. The only thing stopping Him is US.


Romans 8:1- “There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.”

We must walk according to the Spirit. When we walk in the Spirit, we will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh. They will come upon us, and try and overtake us, but they will not control us.

We are new creations. We are NEW!

I have some Starbuck’s stainless steel coffee mugs. (Yes, I said that as I have several. Don’t ask. I like them.) I buy them and they are all pretty when they are brand new. Then I start using them. Eventually, I drop it or bang it against it something or any number of different things that can happen in the course of a day.

Sometimes, it puts a significant ding in the cup. But it’s still a Starbuck’s coffee mug. It still holds my coffee, and keeps it warm for me; with or without the dent.

When people look at my cup, they see the dents. I see points of character. I see traits that make this cup my own.

Sometimes, when we look in the mirror, we see ourselves as the sum of the decisions, good or bad, that we have made up until that point in our lives.

When God looks at us, however, He sees Jesus. That is, IF we have accepted Him as our Lord AND Savior; the boss of our lives. God wants what is best for us; Jesus is that best. The Holy Spirit helps to guide us in that direction.

Stop second guessing God. Stop wondering if this is the day that God stops loving you. Stop wondering if the God of the Universe, who incidentally doesn’t owe you a thing, is really mad at you right now.

Just because you don’t hear Him, doesn’t mean He’s not there. I’ve said it before, but it bears repeating. Sometimes, He quiets the storm. And sometimes, He quiets YOU. And when you are quiet, you will take notice. You will notice that the storm is raging all around you, but it’s NOT touching you.

It may look like it is, but looks can be deceiving. God is NOT a man that He should lie to you.

Now then, do something for me. Tell the voice that is speaking negative thoughts into your ear the memory verse. If he keeps talking, keep telling him. If he gets louder, you get louder.

You know who that voice is, don’t you? And do you know what will happen if you continue to tell that spirit what God has said about you?

It will feel a gentle tap on its shoulder. It will turn around, and there will be a huge guardian angel, straight from the throne room of Heaven. And the One who sent this angel will have a message for the spirit talking bad about His child.

And there will be much weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Smile; trust me, it WILL be funny to watch.

Be blessed in the Lord,

Bo J.

No comments: