Monday, December 04, 2006

Colossians 3:23-24

I work at the Y-12 National Nuclear Security Facility. I am a Senior Radiological Controls Technician. That’s a fancy name for the guy you see in the movies with the yellow clothes on and the Geiger counter clicking away madly.

Yes, I’ve heard all the jokes-“Do you glow at night because of all the radiation?” “How many toes do you have?” There are many, many others we all endure because of our chosen profession.

I am also what is known as the Lead (pronounced as with a long E sound-I do that for my HSM guys. Hey, I love them; but sometimes they scare me with their thought processes…) RCT. That means that I am the second-in-command.

My supervisor’s name is Jesus Christ.

Whoa there Bo! We were with you up until that point. What do you mean by that? I mean, don’t you have someone there at the site you work for?

Well, yes I do. I have someone that I am RESPONSIBLE or ACCOUNTABLE. That is our immediate supervisor. As far as Whom I work for; that is Jesus. Need proof?

Colossians 3:23-24-“And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ.”

Okay, let’s remember something here. Sometimes, my job is NOT to introduce a new truth into our life; but to remind you of one that is already present in our lives.

We know this. We all know this. Deep, deep, deep inside, we have heard this. But it’s SO hard to put into practice, isn’t it? We want to argue and fight, and complain about what we do; and how much we DON’T get paid enough; and about how I just SHOULD NOT be made to do certain things…

We love to complain. But now read this again, and take hold of it in your life. What if you took this truth, and really, REALLY tried to act it out in your life tomorrow ALL DAY? What would that look like?

But you just don’t UNDERSTAND the boss I work under. Yes, I do; His name is Jesus; and you accepted Him into your heart when you became a believer. And when you did that, you took His yoke upon you. And when you do something in the work world, it’s for your Ultimate Boss.

Believe me; this one hurts me as well. However much it pains us, though, it’s the truth. It comes straight out of the mouth of God. And it is profitable in my life, as well as yours.

What if all Christians, for one day, took this seriously? Do you think we could change our world? I do. Can I do it on my own? Can I take this seriously, and do it; will it change the world?

It would change mine. It would change how I look at things. It would change how I reacted to the new deadline; the changed priority; the seemingly unreachable goal.

Sometimes we don’t need new stuff. Sometimes we need the old stuff dusted off and refreshed in our minds.

No matter what you do-homemaker, student, mainstream worker, CEO-this is relevant to you and your daily life. You can’t escape it; and you can’t ignore it.

Let go, and let God. Do everything just like you’re doing it for Him. It will all work it in the end.

Be blessed in the Lord,

Bo J.

P. S. If you try this, and you have a praise report; let me know. Give God the glory. We pass around everything else we get on e-mail. How about some personal God stuff in our little family here?

No comments: