Monday, January 08, 2007

1 Peter 5:6-7

Hi! Wow, it’s been a long time, hasn’t it?

Sorry, I just wanted to give you a break during the Christmas season, and then the New Year came around and well, you know…

So how are those resolutions coming? Come on, you know you probably made some. You know what they are; promises you make about the coming year to make your life better. The only thing is that you probably didn’t have a PLAN on how you were going to implement these sweeping changes into your life.

Here, let me add some more to your list. I have 3 resolutions for this year. I may share them all with you, so you can help me keep them. Here is my first one:

1 Peter 5:6-7- “Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.”

I resolve to TRY and allow myself to be used more of God, and block him less and less. I resolve to TRY and let God remove this useless pride and desires for my own way from my life. I resolve to TRY and step back more and allow God to take care of my worries and cares, so I can focus more on learning and growing in Him.

Will it be easy? No; nothing worthwhile is ever easy. Will it be worth it? Oh, you betcha! How much more fulfilling will my life be if I allow the Almighty to have free rein in it?

If I humble myself under God’s hand, He will exalt me. That way, I don’t have to spend my time trying to puff myself up and make myself look all wonderful and purty in everyone else’s eyes. I just let God do all the work, and give Him the credit. But I get to reap the benefit. Doesn’t that just sound cool?

And when something comes up that tries to take my focus off of God, I immediately give it over to Him. I just take it to Daddy God and say, “This thing is trying to get me to look at my circumstances and not at Your goodness.” Then I step back and watch the fur fly. Heehee! That poor ole problem didn’t have a chance against God!

So, there you have it. It’s good to back in touch with each and every one of you again. It’ll be a year at the end of this month that we have been together. I thank God for all of you; and for your patience as I muddle through and stumble in this thing called life.

Be blessed in the Lord today, and this year.

Bo J.

No comments: