Monday, January 22, 2007

Proverbs 30:7-8

Why can’t I do what I want? Why does it seem like my life is always determined and bound by what I CAN’T do? At what point is my happiness not dependent on things around me?

We’ve been over what Paul the Apostle said about being content where we’re at in life. Why is that so hard? Why can’t I just be FREE in where I am at this point?

Why am I bound in this prison?

I know in my heart of hearts that I have everything I need, but I always want more. I’m never happy with just being content. Someone else always has it better than I do.

Did you ever think about that?

Think about what?

You look and see that someone else has it better than you. Did you ever really think about that?

I don’t understand; think about what?

If you can look at someone else and think that their life is so much better….who is looking at yours and thinking the same thing?

But, I mean, I don’t….

I know how you feel about everything in your life. You know that, don’t you?

Yes.

Do you, inside in the part of you that you keep from everyone else, REALLY think that I have left you hanging in life?

No; not really.

It’s a human thing. Something that you need to understand is its part of your basic makeup. I use you wanting to get better stuff to get you to keep on studying My Word, and getting closer to Me.

Sometimes it really hurts. Especially when I’m just going through the motions with certain stuff…I’m just tired of it. But, You know, I just keep trying for You. You’re worth it.

You are worth it to me, as well. Here, let me help you out. This is something that I want you to use as one of YOUR resolutions this year. Okay?

Alright; what is it?

Proverbs 30:7-8-“Two things I request of You (Deprive me not before I die): Remove falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches-feed me with the food allotted to me; lest I be full and deny You, and say, ‘Who is the LORD?’ Or lest I be poor and steal, and profane the name of my God.”

Wow. I don’t ever remember reading that before, in all the times I’ve read Proverbs.

It’s amazing how this stuff just kind of jumps out at you when you need it.

God?

Yeah, Bo?

I don’t know that I’m….alright….yet. But, as I said before, I’ll keep working on it because of what You did for me.

Hey, don’t worry. I already knew that. How about you be blessed in the Lord today?

Thanks.

Bo J.

No comments: