Monday, February 26, 2007

1 Corinthians 15:58

1 Corinthians 15:58-“Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.”

How long do we spend remembering what we DON’T have in life? How long have you spent in the last week remembering what you haven’t received? How many times have your looked back and remembered what someone hasn’t done for you lately?

I would say that some of you aren’t ashamed to answer that question. But many of you are probably like me, and you have been dwelling in the land of “have not” quite a bit.

You feel like you just can’t give anymore, because YOU aren’t getting anything in return. You feel like all you do is give, and give, and give more. And in return, what do you get? More, right?

You get more responsibility; more is trusted with you because you are already doing tremendously with the pressure that is being applied to you. In response to someone being able to trust you to get stuff done, you get more put on you.

So then, you look at those who aren’t trusted with more. You look at those who seemingly get a free ride simply because if they don’t do it, it will come back on you; since you can get it done.

It’s a vicious, scheming circle.

It’s at this point that we have to realize where we are in our life, and where we are going to be. Quiet time and study of the word work wonders in our lives, especially when our lives get seemingly overwhelming.

I have to remember one thing, and one thing alone. I serve a glorious, risen, wonderful, perfect Savior. I serve someone Who knows everything I am feeling and going through. I serve someone who knows that I am hurting inside, so it’s no good to hide it from Him.

I serve Someone who knows my weaknesses and turns them into strengths. I serve a Lord who listens to me rant and rave at Him about what I can’t do or what’s not fair in life, and He smiles and takes it all. Then He tells me that I work for Him, live for Him, and love for Him. And He will make it all worthwhile.

I serve Someone who loves me, not because I’m not perfect; but in spite of me not being perfect. I serve Someone who puts me first in His life, as an example of what I should do for others in my life.

Is it easy? Not always; but it’s not always hard, either. I guess it’s what we make of it. At least, it is in my case.

Be faithful. Be steadfast. Be a rock for those around you. It takes a LOT for a rock to be marred by its environment. I understand your pain more than you realize. But we can AND will get through this phase, if we remember Who we serve.

Be blessed in the Lord today.

Bo J.

No comments: