Sunday, February 11, 2007

Psalm 107:20

Psalm 107:20- “He sent His word and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.”

I know it’s amazing, especially after I didn’t send anything out last week. However, it needs to be said.

And sadly, I can’t say it. I haven’t a clue as to what to say. I am absolutely speechless.

Thanks be to God, though. Because when we can’t think of anything to say, we can trust in Him. If we will open our hearts and minds to Him, we can and will be used by Him.

Those of you who have been around me know that I haven’t been in much of a “being useful” mood. I’ve been kind of going around and around with myself and my walk. Among other things, that is.

It’s been a long road this year. I don’t’ know quite what is going on.

So, in walks God, to deliver me from this place I find myself in at this time. Oh, I don’t mean literally this time, either. I mean you, and you, and you, and especially you.

Okay, I see the look in your eyes. You don’t get the math. Let me illustrate it for you. This is what it means to me.

The first part of that verse above states that God sent His word. Hmm, that would be Jesus, correct? Jesus came to heal us and deliver us from death and Hell. When you accept Jesus into your heart, you allow Him to be your Lord and Savior.

Then, when God looks at you, He doesn’t see just you, He sees you through the blood of Jesus. You take on the likeness of Jesus. As you walk through your Christianity, you become more and more like Him.

The Bible says that we are the hands and feet of Jesus. Jesus Himself said that the things He did, we will do, and greater things than those because He goes to be with His Father.

So if you are like Jesus, and you help someone; like me for instance, when I am down, then you helped deliver me from myself. Trust me, it works in my head.

Anyway, thanks for being there for me. And for helping me, even when you don’t know what you’re doing. I really feel like I’m in one of those desert places of my life, and you are a fresh drink of water. I’m parched, and you make sure I have plenty of liquid.

I know, I know. I’m spending a lot of time thanking everyone. Remember my New Year’s resolutions? I just think we all need to remember to thank those who help us through life.

Thank you.

Be blessed in the Lord today,

Bo J.

No comments: