Monday, April 09, 2007

2 Timothy 4:18

2 Timothy 4:18-“And the Lord will deliver me from every evil work and preserve me for His heavenly kingdom. To Him be glory forever and ever. Amen!”

Another Easter Sunday has come and gone. If you look around and listen, you will kind of find that this is another New Year’s Day for Christians. It shouldn’t be, but for some it is.

See, Easter is a chance for us to reflect on what it means to be a Christian. It’s about the Person we identify with, and are SUPPOSED to be growing closer to being. It’s about reviewing the ultimate symbol of love and sacrifice for us.

Did we learn anything from it? Do we ever? Is it just another Day in the ritual that our Christian walk has become?

Easter Sunday is closely followed by back to work Monday. The grind begins anew. And all the spiritual and holy thoughts from yesterday are somehow forgotten, in the hustle and bustle of today’s world.

Look at the verse above. Read it and dwell on it.

To me, it means that Easter Sunday is more than just another day. It’s the day the Lord delivered me and bridged the gap for me to be one with the Father. And I should praise and exalt Him forever. The facts from yesterday should change my life today and forever.

But I get bogged down. I get surrounded. The world washes over me, and it’s easy to forget about celebrating the fact I am going to Heaven, when I’m still in the world.

In Acts 20:22-25, Paul is recounting his life at the end of his ministry. He is seeing the end. But in approaching the end, he imparts this word of wisdom to me. He tells me that he NEVER regretted the things he went through in his service of Christ. He NEVER counted his own life dear to him when looked at and compared to the eyepiece of eternity with Christ.

God delivered him, and preserved him for His Kingdom.

What God did for Paul, He can, will, and HAS done for me. And He has also done it for you.

I have learned that if I serve Christ, my life is to be poured out for Him as a drink offering. When I gave my life to Him, I gave my life to Him. That statement may look strange, but if you read it carefully, you can get the meaning.

It’s NOT mine anymore. The things I go through are not MY trials. They are His trials; they are the world’s reaction to His presence in my heart.

We have been promised deliverance. We have been promised a place in Heaven. We have been promised eternal life with Christ our Lord.

Jesus, help me to walk in this today. Use my brothers and sisters in Christ to remind me and help me to be a reminder to them of Who we serve. It’s a race, and we’re in it to finish.

Be blessed in the Lord today.

Bo J.

No comments: