Sunday, July 01, 2007

Isaiah 59:1-2

Isaiah 59:1-2-“Behold, the LORD’s hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; nor His ear heavy, that it cannot hear. But your iniquities have separated you from your God; and your sins have hidden His face from you, so that He will not hear.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Each time I think of the things in my life which have brought me to where I am, I want to cry. I want to shrink from my wickedness and pretend like it’s not there.

But then, I realize, it’s why Christ died, and rose again; because of my wickedness, my imperfections, and manifest unrighteousness; because I am imperfect, self-serving, and lowly of heart.

Lord, help me to be more like You. I realize I need a Savior because I am not there yet. And if I had a choice, I would choose the easiest path, the smallest bumps, and the shortest roads. I can do nothing on my own but what You do through me. I can try all I want, but I cannot, CANNOT do it on my own.

I thank You Lord that You can and will. No matter how obstinately I try, You will do all You can to lead me back to the path I need to be on. I ask that You make me receptive to Your leading; and give me wisdom to follow Your lead. I love You so much God, and I am sorry that I continually miss the mark.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I wrote that almost 9 years ago, on 7-24-98. I was working at Dresden Nuclear Power Station in Morris, IL at the time. I don’t know what I was going through at the time, but it appeared to be a period of self-reflection.

I kept a personal log of my daily activities, so that I knew what surveys I had to document, and to keep track of the jobs I had covered that day. I came upon this log, and was looking over it, when I saw that entry.

The verse came to mind almost immediately.

How often do we wonder why it seems as if God has hidden His face from us? How many times are we like the ancient Israelite people; going our own way and then wondering why God isn’t backing us up? How many times do we want to do our best for God, in our own time and in our own way?

God says that our iniquities have separated us from His love and protection. He hasn’t moved; instead, we have. We have defiled ourselves, and then have the nerve to approach God with a self-satisfied smug look on our face, thinking of what we got away with under His nose.

I have a little surprise for you-God is not stupid. And He’s not blind, nor deaf. He is intolerant of darkness and sin, however. It’s His nature; darkness can’t co-exist with the Light. So, why do we continually think that we can walk the line of both and make Him bow to us?

We need to stop making excuses and start making a difference. There is a world of people around us going to Hell because we are too busy skirting the line, seeing how close we can get to actual sin.

It’s time to make a stand. Repent, for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand. God will hold us accountable for our actions, just as He will the unsaved. It’s His nature; the trademark of a righteous Judge. He can’t just hold the wicked accountable for their actions and allow us free reign.

We need to remember that in our daily walk.

Be blessed in the Lord today.

Bo J.

No comments: