Friday, September 14, 2007

Lamentations 3:22-23

Lamentations 3:22-23-“Through the LORD’s mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness.”

I’m glad His faithfulness is great. I’m also glad His compassions don’t fail….unlike mine. I’m glad that God’s compassion and caring isn’t as fleeting as the wind like mine. I’m glad that God cares about me doesn’t just snap His fingers on my existence.

He’s faithful. He’s compassionate. You’ll notice how short those sentences are compared to what we could write about ourselves. I’m faithful---as long as all is going my way. I’m compassionate---as long as you’re doing what I want you to do.

I care about you as long as it fits in with my plans and desires. Otherwise, you’re just a speedbump on the road of life to me.

Oh, don’t worry. I know that you all are way better than me at this. I wish I was as spiritually grounded as you. I wish that I could scrape some of you off onto me and get it to grow. I wish I knew how to be as close to God as you.

I mean, I don’t see you having any problems or anything in your life. Everything is going swimmingly with you. You’re children are perfect; you have friends and they all look up to you. You have all that God desires you to have, and more. You are the person I look up to and model.

What? What do you mean, “You don’t have it altogether”? But, I mean, look at my life compared to yours. You can do what you want whenever you want. You don’t have a care in the world, just staying in there close to God.

You don’t say the wrong thing to those around you. You don’t hurt anyone close to you. You make everyone around you feel so warm and worthwhile. It’s a great example.

I mean, I just don’t feel like I’m on top of the world today. I don’t FEEL like a Christian today. I just feel like I’m wandering around in a daze trying to make it. I can’t feel anything; I’m just numb.

Wait, you feel that way too? No way; I didn’t think anything affected you. I thought you were a rock. I love the example that you set……

You thought that way about me? I helped you to realize that God loves you and His compassions are always around you. I helped you to realize that sometimes we all go through things and don’t feel or look or act like we have God in our lives.

I did? But when? I don’t remember doing that. Okay, if you say so, but I don’t know. I’m not always a great person. I’ll be honest, sometimes, I don’t know what else to do but curl up in God’s lap and cry. Not all the time, mind you.

I want to shut out the world and everything that happens to me, and just get away from it all. Then, I feel the rain.

Then I realize it’s not rain. They’re tears being shed for me. It’s Someone whose compassion for me never fails. He never leaves me nor forsakes me. And when I’m curled up in His lap, fast asleep, He’s whispering in my ear how much He loves me.

And He’s crying tears of compassion for me in my hurt and pain. He loves me and you and you and you. He loves us all and wants us to know that joy comes anew each day. No matter what happens to you this day, it will still have the same number of seconds, minutes, and hours in it.

And it will end, and a new one will begin. When the new one begins, He’ll be right there, to help you up and get you started.

So don’t worry about what is trying to eat you alive today; God’s mercies are new and they protect you. There is nothing that can get through His hands to you.

Let’s do this together. Let’s try and let Him mold us into what He’d like us to be today. No matter how He wants to use us. Let’s be the hands and feet of God today; even if we don’t feel like it.

It couldn’t hurt.

Be blessed in the Lord today,

Bo J.

No comments: