Friday, February 22, 2008

Jeremiah 9:23-24 (NKJV)

Jeremiah 9:23-24 (NKJV)-“Thus says the LORD: “Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, let not the might man glory in his might, nor let the rich man glory in his riches; but let him who glories glory in this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am the LORD, exercising lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness in the earth. For in these I delight,” says the LORD.”

To the Triune God, I wanted to just write a letter to say thank you Lord.

Thank you for waking me up this morning in my own bed. You could have called me home to You last night, and that would be so much better than being here on earth. But it means that You’re not done with me here yet; so You are still using me.

Thank You for my family. I know that they have no idea sometimes what is going on in my head. They don’t understand what I go through day in and day out. I know that I sometimes don’t make life easy on them and that sometimes they annoy the heck out of me. Sometimes I get so frustrated that I just want to scream. But then I’m reminded of the person who wakes up alone and has no one to even argue with about something silly.

Thank You for a way to make a living that provides for my family and me. If you didn’t give me this job, then I would be scraping along. I realize that sometimes it’s not the idea I had in mind. I realize that I don’t want to go there today or maybe even tomorrow. But it’s what You’ve given me; it’s the sphere of influence You have place me in at this time.

Thank You for sickness. I know You don’t put sickness on me; that would be against Your nature. But I’m glad to know that when I get sick, I have Someone I can pray to in order to receive healing. I don’t have to wallow in my ailments, hoping for the suffering to cease.

I need to remind myself, Lord that You are still on the throne. I get so caught up in the world and what goes on around me. I get caught up in the fact that it seems like every time I turn around, I’m doing just one more thing that I didn’t sign up for. I realize that I don’t want to do it; except for You.

I need to remind myself that, just because You visited the earth a couple of thousand years ago, doesn’t mean that You can’t identify with the problems and struggles I’m having right now.

I’m living in a different time, but not in a different set of circumstances.

I need to thank You more often. Not when I get something, or learn some great proverb, or have a great revelation of one of Your truths. I need to thank You just for being You. I need to realize that it’s just because of whom You are that You do what You do for me. You have no obligation to me whatsoever, but You ensure that I have what I need to survive and thrive in You.

I’m sorry that I can’t stay focused on the blessings I already have; but instead always look to the horizon, trying to see what else I can get. I’m sorry that my contentment is only as long as my attention span. I’m sorry that I stay in a continual attitude of “What have You done for me lately?"

I’m sorry that I get upset with you about the ministry You have placed me into within my fellowship of believers. I want to be the center of attention and get all the glory, but if something goes wrong I want to blame You. I’m sorry that I think it can’t be my fault. I’m sorry that I seek my own glory instead of Yours. I’m sorry I forgot that You said that the person highest placed in Your kingdom is the one who seeks to serve others, not themselves.

I’m sorry that I don’t even know how much I need to apologize to You for in my life. I’m sorry that I can’t write volumes telling You the things in my life I acknowledge that I don’t give to You; that I don’t allow to be placed under Your control. I’m sorry that my vision is blinded and colored by my own perspective of myself and my wrong views of my own holiness.

I’m sorry.

I don’t even know if I can write all this down and mean it in my life. But I’m gonna do it anyway. I’m gonna give this to You and try and believe it. I’m telling you that I may not feel like I’m sorry; that I may just be writing this to try and appease You or score some points. If I’m writing it for that, I’m sorry.

But I want the enemy to know something as he sits here telling me that I don’t mean this and that it’s just a waste of space. I want to say something to the smooth talking voice in my head, telling me that God doesn’t love me, and Jesus is disappointed in me, and the Holy Spirit is no longer leading my life.

I’m still writing it.

And now, I’m going to give it God, and let Him deal with it, and with me. But most importantly Satan….

I’m gonna let Him deal with you.

Sincerely,

________________________________________

Be blessed in the Lord today,

Bo J.

No comments: